“Pida abajo por una traddución en español por correo electrónico”
These connections include:
- the rise of high stakes testing, and the test and punish regime
- teacher bashing and the deprofessionalization of teaching
- the anti intellectualist bias of standardised tests, phonics teaching, and test-prep curricula
- the attempt to outlaw native language instruction (e.g. bilingual education) for English Learners
- the creation of Teach For America and its colonialist mentality
- the invention of corporate charter schools and the closing of public schools as a ploy for privatization
- the attack on teachers’ unions
- the mandate for behaviorist pedagogy to prevent critical thinking and mold compliant workers
This blog explores the pedagogical and sociopolitical aspects of bilingual education, especially as it exists in the United States.
We (myself and other authors and researchers) post articles and other writings about the current neoliberal assault on public education and its connections to the marginalization of bilingual programs in US schools.